Majors Law Firm P.C.

USA Immigration Explained

Print This Page

Immigration Law Services & Fees

Our full-service U.S. immigration practice is divided into Nonimmigrant visas, Immigrant visas, and Naturalization. Click here to see Fee Chart. A Visa is issued by the U.S. Government through its Embassies and Consulates worldwide and allows the recipient to enter the U.S. temporarily or permanently. We will explain both types of visas, as frequently an individual will enter on a Nonimmigrant visa and thereafter "convert" the Nonimmigrant Visa into an Immigrant Visa by filing adjustment of status application within the U.S. Changing from one nonimmigrant visa category to another nonimmigrant visa category is “change of status.”

An individual is entitled to a "Green Card" if he or she enters on an Immigrant visa. A Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), aka Green Card holder, has the right to live and work permanently in the U.S.

Nonimmigrant Visas

A Nonimmigrant Visa authorizes a specific duration of stay in the U.S. to visit,  work, or study temporarily. Care must be taken to renew or extend the visa at specified time intervals in order to avoid violating visa status. Common types of Nonimmigrant Visas include the following:

  • B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. Available to visitors coming into the U.S. for business or pleasure.
  • E-2 Treaty Investor Visa.  Allows individual investor to work in the U.S., or a non-investor employee if the same nationality and role in the U.S. business is either executive/supervisory or have specialized skills essential its operation.
  • E-3 Visa. This is a visa option for Australian nationals if they have a job offer in the U.S. and a bachelor’s degree.
  • F-1 or Student Visa. Applicable to persons entering the U.S. for full-time study at a school or college in the U.S.
  • H-1B Professional Employment Visa. Persons with a bachelor's degree or above may be eligible if their U.S. employer will pay at least the prevailing wage paid to similarly employed U.S. workers. This is by far the most common nonimmigrant employment-based visa category.
  • H-1B1 Visa is for citizens of Chile and Singapore with a U.S. job offer and bachelor’s degree under specialized free-trade agreements.
  • H-3 Trainee Visa. Suitable for candidates who have been invited to participate in a training program in the United States. This training must not be available in the worker's home country.
  • K-1 Fiancee Visa. A U.S. citizen's foreign Fiance(e) is eligible for this Visa. The K-1 visa is valid for 180 days and is conditioned on the conclusion of the marriage within 90 days of entry into the U.S.
  • L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visa. Available to executives, managers, or persons with "specialized knowledge" who are transferring to the U.S. branch, subsidiary, or affiliate of their foreign employer. Executives and managers may be eligible for permanent resident status without the need for a labor certification.
  • O-1 Visa Extraordinary Ability Visa. This petition requires an employer and “extraordinary ability” in the field.
  • TN Status under the North American Free Trade Agreement (now USMCA). This is a special category applicable to nationals of Canada and Mexico.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant Visas are all visas that are not Nonimmigrant Visas. U.S. Immigration laws allow immigration applications through three principal categories: The Employment ("EB") based category, the Family ("FB") based category, and the Diversity ("DV") visa lottery program.

  • Employer Sponsorship. Foreign nationals who want to obtain a Green Card but do not have relatives in the U.S. may do so on the basis of an offer of employment by a U.S. employer. An offer of employment may not be required for highly qualified persons. A "Labor Certification" (also known as PERM) must usually be obtained from the Department of Labor.
  • Family Sponsorship. Applicable to persons who want to obtain a Green Card based on the fact that they have a relative who is either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.

Naturalization (Citizenship)

Flat Rate Legal Fees

Based on feedback from our clients, we have taken the extraordinary step of publishing our legal fees for routine immigration matters. Our flat fee policy assures every client of an equitable and extremely competitive legal fee. There are no attorney fee surprises, and all reasonably anticipated costs are communicated to the client. Please contact our law firm for fees regarding immigration matters not listed below.

We accept only immigration-related cases. Attorneys claiming competence in multiple and diverse practice areas should be viewed sceptically.

Retaining a local immigration attorney does not offer an advantage in Immigration Law. Petitions and applications are filed electronically or by mail at centralized locations of the USCIS, the Department of Labor, and related appellate and administrative agencies. Our law firm communicates effectively with our roster of diversified clients through email, phone, mail, etc.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq., assumes personal responsibility as the attorney-on-record for your immigration case. Click here for Mr. Arora’s background.

Visa Category

USCIS or DOL Processing Time*

Our Fee**

USCIS Fee***

Nonimmigrant Visas

H-1B Work Visa

H-1B1 Work Visa

H-1B Amendment

TN Work Visa

E-3 Work Visa

H-3 Trainee Visa

90-180 Days



Please contact us for legal fee quote with no obligation for RFE response or MTR/Appeal


N/A for RFE Response

$800 for MTR/Appeal

H-1B Electronic Registration for cap-subject cases

Registration for FY 2025 from noon March 06 through noon March 25, 2024. Registration period for FY 2026 not yet announced

$850 (includes USCIS registration fee)

$10 for FY 2025

$215 for FY 2026

H-4/L-2 Dependents

90-180 Days


$1500 if not filed with H-1B/L-1, or more than 1 dependent


L-1 Intracompany Transfer


E-2 Treaty Investor

90-180 Days


$9000 (L-1 blanket)

$695+ (L-1)

$510+ (E-2)

O-1 Visa

90-180 Days



F-1 Student Visa

90-270 Days


$3000 (reinstatement to F-1 status)


K-1 Fiance(e) Visa

90-180 Days



B-1/B-2 Visa Extension

90-180 Days

$1500 for B-2

$2000 for B-1


Immigrant Visas

Labor Certification (PERM)

4-10 Months



I-140 Immigrant Petition based on certified PERM Labor App.

8-15 Months

$2000; or $2500 for EB-3 downgrade

($2500; or $3000 for EB-3 downgrade if our law firm did not prepare PERM)


Marriage to U.S. Citizen or sponsoring parent ("immediate relatives") incl. Adjustment of Status

Please Call



Family Sponsorship I-130 Petition

Please Call

$2500+ (please call)


National Interest Waiver/EB-1 Extraordinary Ability

8-15 Months



Other Immigration Matters

Advance Parole or Reentry Permit

3-6 Months

$1000 [Advance Parole]

$1500 [Reentry permit]


Naturalization (Citizenship)

6-18 Months

$1500 (additional fees applicable for absences from USA of 6+ months or criminal record - please inquire)


Other Immigration matters

Please call

Please call

Please call

*Premium processing from the USCIS is available for H-1B, L-1, O-1, F-1, EAD applications for F-1, I-140 immigrant petitions, and certain less widely utilized categories. The USCIS fee for premium processing, whereby the USCIS guarantees a decision within 15 days (some categories allow for up to 30 or 45 days) of filing, ranges from $1685 to $2805 depending on category payable to Department of Homeland Security. The USCIS will generally accept Premium Processing requests as well for Form I-140 Immigrant Petitions.

**We reserve the right to quote a higher legal fee for complex cases. USCIS RFE (Request for Evidence) or NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) response fees and Department of Labor PERM audit or Supervised Recruitment response fees, if applicable, are additional: $1000 to $1500 for RFE or NOID response; and $1000 for PERM audit or supervised recruitment response.

***The USCIS filing fee is payable to Department of Homeland Security and is an unavoidable expense irrespective of the law firm retained for the immigration matter. Of course, we hope that you ultimately retain our law firm if you are otherwise eligible for the visa category.

Fees listed above are subject to change, and our law firm has the discretion to quote a higher fee when a case is unusually complex and depends on the totality of the circumstances. Fees do not include any personal appearances at USCIS offices or any appeal to any administrative board or any judicial court.

Please contact our immigration law firm for additional discussion and alternative options.

[Note: Please consult with an attorney specializing in Immigration & Nationality law for professional advice in specific situations.]

Go Top