USA Immigration Explained

Online contact form

Firm Profile

The Law Offices of Ajay K. Arora is devoted to employment and family-based immigration law. We represent companies and individuals throughout the United States in connection with employment and family-based visa petitions and applications. Representative matters include H-1B visas; labor certifications (PERM); national interest waivers and EB-1 to EB-3 petitions (I-140 petitions); adjustment of status (I-485 applications); change or extension of status; L-1 visas; O-1 visas; family, marriage and fiance(e) sponsorship; naturalization; employer compliance issues, etc. Related expertise includes extension or change of status to visitor (B-1 or B-2) visas, student (F-1) visas, bringing dependents to the U.S., and consular processing.

Read More

Immigration Law Services & Fees

Our U.S. immigration practice is divided into Nonimmigrant visas and Immigrant visas. Click here to see Fee Chart. A Visa is issued by the U.S. Government through its Embassies and Consulates worldwide and allows the recipient to enter the U.S. temporarily or permanently. We will explain both types of visas, as frequently an individual will enter on a Nonimmigrant visa and thereafter "convert" the Nonimmigrant Visa into an Immigrant Visa by filing an adjustment of status application within the U.S. Changing from one nonimmigrant visa category to another nonimmigrant visa category is “change of status.”

Read More

H-1B Overview

This article will provide a general overview of the requirements for obtaining an H-1B visa. The H-1B category is an expedient and lawful method to bring foreign-born professionals temporarily to the United States, and therefore the most widely sought after visa classifications for employment in the United States. To obtain an H-1B visa, there must be a job offer and an employer who is willing to sponsor a person by filing a petition with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS). The USCIS will review the petition and send an approval notice if it is satisfied that all conditions for approval are met. An individual may have a petition filed for him from more than one employer if he or she seeks employment in two jobs. Also, if an individual is in H-1B status and seeks to change jobs, then he or she must have a petition filed for him by his or her new employer. See our article on concurrent employment.

Read More

How to Contact Us

Please contact our law firm by email or by phone if you want to discuss your immigration case to determine eligibility for any immigration category. This offer is especially useful for persons who have a job offer through a willing employer or a family member ready to sponsor, but are not currently represented by an attorney, or for those individuals not fully satisfied with the performance or attentiveness of their current attorney. There is no obligation—we want to hear from you with your questions and comments.

To contact us by telephone, please call (212)268-3580

Read More
Go Top